Menzies Civil Australia as a company, and our people as individuals, are committed to the principles of zero harm, environmental management, quality, and equal opportunity.
We aim to use these principles as means towards a sustainable, successful and profitable business that provides a valuable social and economic contribution to our country. We believe that these systems along with our visions and values will be the building blocks to the future of the civil industry Australia wide.
We have established corporate systems to manage all our work processes so that health and safety, environment, and quality are at the forefront of the way we do things, and to manage our people fairly and without prejudice. Each and every employee is a valued member of our team, with the same drive and commitment as management to over achieve in the goal they have before them, it is this belief along with earned and well deserved respect that makes Menzies Civil Australia the company it is today.
Our aim is to provide our clients with the most exacting standards of quality in the delivery of all our products and services. We believe in doing things once and doing them right. At Menzies Civil Australia, quality means:
- Integrity; Doing what we say we are going to do
- Excellence; Exceeding expectations through experience and initiative
- Respect; Valuing our clients’ needs and requirements, providing more than what is expected, before it is requested.
- Commitment; Seeing things through, your vision will become our vision, no project is complete until as one common team we achieve your desire.
Menzies Civil Australia provide a confident team with the training, supervision and systems of work they need to achieve their full potential.
We have established systems, processes and project plans to support the way we work and comply with relevant laws, regulations and industry codes of practice, standards, licences, and project requirements. We continually monitor and assess our performance against KPIs and our overall effectiveness, so that we can add value to our customers without undue additional resource and effort.
Menzies Civil Australia’s approach to safety is one based on the Zero Harm principle. We believe that our people have a right to a work environment that is safe and free of undue stress, and that our clients, subcontractors and the public have a right to expect us to safeguard their health and safety in any environment that is under our control, be it in the office or on site. Safety is a value preached by management and advocated by personnel.
Zero Harm Policy
- Maintain safety as a corporate value.
- Provide our people with the training, supervision and systems of work necessary to maintain a safe environment for them, our subcontractors, and the public.
- Actively promote individual and team participation in the management of safety, and empower them to participate effectively in the identification of hazards and the management of associated risks.
- Maintain management systems, project plans and work practices that comply with relevant occupational safety and health laws, regulations, industry codes of practice, standards, licences, and project requirements.
- Establish, measure, report and review safety objectives, key performance indicators and targets.
- Constantly strive to not only achieve these systems but also exceed them year-by-year, discovering new and safer means to over achieve the goals we set.
At Menzies Civil Australia, we firmly believe that we are responsible for the environment in which we operate in. As corporate citizens, we are committed to this responsibility in all our work practices, from the use of appliances that are water and power efficient in the office environment, through to the responsible management of emissions and the natural environment on site.
Our ethos for sustainable & environmentally conscious work;
- Provide our people with the training, supervision and systems of work necessary to understand and minimise our impact on the natural environment.
- Manage our work-ˇsites responsibly to minimise our environmental footprint, and have systems in place to respond effectively to environmental events.
- Have systems in place to meet all environmental legislation, codes of practice, standards and specific site requirements.
- Monitor and review our systems and work practices to continually improve our environmental performance.
- As a team, Menzies Civil Australia will have an attitude unmatched by others in the industry, striving to pave a new, environmentally friendly way to over achieve projects at no harm to the environment.